My life is in a very good place right now.
- On Monday I received my placement to student teach in Germany this fall. I am so excited about this. The city I will be in looks gorgeous. I talked to my student teaching coordinator today and she said my teacher is enthusiastic and loves her first graders. I feel so good about going into this.
- I have enjoyed catching up with some of my friends since I have returned home. The semester started off a bit chaotic, but I feel good about where it is headed.
- Once again I have encountered snow and do not hate it. Perhaps change is in the air. Though the entire town is covered in over a foot of snow, I have actually enjoyed it. The snow reflects light, which makes up for gloomy skies, which makes my brain happy. Did I mention it’s pretty? Now, I’m sure I’ll vent later about how much I hate the snow so I wanted to make sure and document this moment in history.
- I have an interview with the Peace Corps on Friday.
- Today is the first day of Lent. I have never participated in Lent, nor had I ever really learned much about it. Earlier this week I became curious about the season of Lent and decided to investigate it’s purpose. I found that Lent is meant to be a time of fasting and reflection in anticipation for Easter. I decided to participate this year and I’m excited to see where this time takes me.