Ways 6 Months in Thailand Has Changed Me
- 80 degree weather feels a bit chilly.
- I use cooling powder like it’s my job.
- I laugh in the face of 25 mile bike rides. Make it 50 and then we’re talking.
- I love me some karaoke.
- I can use a squat toilet without completely undressing.
- I needlessly repeat words: “same same,” “good good,” “fine fine”
- I can change a bike tire.
- I now love fruit.
- I wonder what is wrong with the world if I am served beer without ice.
- I’m shocked when I watch TV and see someone touching someone else’s head.
- I’m constantly worried about whether people are hungry now and constantly ask “Have you eaten yet?”
- I’m obsessive about drawing straight lines and am quite skilled with a ruler.
- I feel claustrophobic when the front door isn’t open.
- I feel robbed if my blended drink doesn’t come with jellies in it.
- I now know the difference between a countable and an uncountable noun.