Ok Thailand, come the end of March you and I will be saying so long, but until then, we have some unfinished business to attend to…
The Thailand Bucket List
- Take a Cooking Class: I love to cook and have been slowly but surely learning about Thai cooking over the course of my two years here. I even have a little notebook with some instructions for dishes that my friends at site have taught me. The thing is that there are so many ingredients and small details that neither of us know in English, so while I’ve got a lot of the major concepts down there are enough mysteries left in Thai cooking that I want to take a class. Plus, the class I’m looking at is on an organic farm, so I can learn about picking out the ingredients and hopefully some ways to make the dishes more wholesome.
- Beach Trip to the South: Krabi may very well have the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen in my life. It’s been over a year since I’ve been there and I really want to have one last taste before I leave Thailand. Hopefully, I’ll have time to check out some of the other beaches even further south.
- Another Chiang Mai Trip: Chiang Mai is my favorite non-beach city in Thailand and I haven’t been there since April. I used to go all the time the first year I was here and then haven’t been able to make it back there since Song Kran. I want one last trip to stop by my favorite restaurants, go shopping and say goodbye to the city.
Eat at Cabbages and Condoms:Ok, I did this a couple of weekends ago, but it was on the bucket list.
- Lots of Shopping: Not sure that this is actually a bucket list type thing, but I’ve hardly done any shopping in the last two years because things I buy would get ruined or I didn’t want to use them until I was in America. Well, the time has come to buy all the jewelry, dresses, sandals, and books I have been patiently waiting to purchase.
- Lots of Thai Massages: Oh, how I will miss 150 Baht Thai massages.
Anything else I should add to the list?
PCVs, what’s on your Thailand Bucket List?