Ever since I’ve come back to the States cooking has become my religion, the kitchen my sanctuary and these food blogs my bible:
- La Tartine Gourmande: This food stylist and photographer makes food look too pretty to eat.
- Seven Spoons: The combination of anecdotes and recipes are a treat to read.
- The Pioneer Woman Cooks: I think I bookmarked 95% of her recipes to try when I returned from Peace Corps. Sometimes I scroll through her posts as fast as I can so that the photos appear like a movie. You’ll get what I mean when you click on the link.
- Steamy Kitchen: I could plan out meals for a month with this blog. There is enough variety and inspiration to keep me scrolling through recipe after recipe.
- smitten kitchen: This blogger will make an asparagus salad look fancy and fun to make.
Also worth checking out: The Kitchen Sink, the kitchen generation, Sunday Suppers, Sprouted Kitchen, pictures and pancakes, Picky Palate, honey & jam, delicious: days, eat live run
Only 4 weeks left at site, so I thought it only appropriate to get a little nastolgic and list the “5 Things I Will Miss About Site” in this Friday Five.
It goes without saying that I will cherish and miss people at site who made me feel at home and taught me about Thailand.
Adorable Kids in School Uniforms
The cuteness of the little kids in their various school uniforms makes my heart melt everyday. Good thing I took a bagillion pictures to remember them always.
I love the relaxed hustle and bustle of cool village mornings. I’m gonna miss eating my oatmeal while listening to the sounds of monks chanting, roosters crowing and tractors chugging.
The vivid green of rice fields is unlike anything I’ve seen before. As much as village life bores me to tears at times, I do really appreciate living so close to farms with their beauty and reminder to not take my food for granted.
I love perusing the locally grown fresh produce at the Friday Market. This weekly event also came to symbolize the joy of the end of a work week and the beginning of a weekend.